Thursday, May 1, 2014

LDS Church Won't Be Sending Missionaries To Brunei Anytime Soon; Brunei Implements Full Islamic Sharia Law

On April 30th, 2014, Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah announced that full Islamic Sharia law will take effect in Brunei beginning on May 1st, and, in contrast to what was first revealed when the decision was initially announced in October 2013, most of it will also be applicable to the 20 percent of Brunei who are not Muslim. Implementation will be in three phases; here's a video report via the Brunei Times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYsqIA6vAdI#t=38



Phase 1: Effective immediately, Brunei residents will face conviction by Islamic courts and fines or jail terms for offenses like pregnancy outside marriage, failure to perform Friday prayers, disrespecting Ramadan, and propagating other religions. This, of course, precludes any proselyting by missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or any other religious denomination, which means it would be pointless for the LDS Church to call people to fill full-time missions in Brunei.

Phase 2: Takes effect 12 months later, and covers offenses for theft and alcohol consumption by Muslims, punishable by whipping and amputations.

Phase 3: Takes effect an additional 12 months afterward, in 2016, and will introduce the death penalty, including by stoning, for offenses including adultery, sodomy and insulting the Koran or the Prophet Muhammad.

Because the laws will also apply to non-Muslims, the United Nations has spoken out against it. The U.N. Commission on Human Rights specifically denounced the new system for applying the death penalty to so many non-capital offenses. In addition, Emerlynne Gil, Southeast Asia legal adviser for the International Commission of Jurists, opined that several of the penalties, kike amputation and stoning, constitute torture under international law. But Brunei's top Islamic scholar, Awang Abdul Aziz, denied any suggestion the system would lead to extremes, persecution or cruelty, saying that the physical penalties would not be applied indiscriminately, and Brunei officials have said there will be a high burden of proof required to sentence suspects to harsher punishments. This means foreigners who violate Sharia would likely be expelled from the country rather than face amputation or caning. A Christian priest in Brunei, who declined to be identified, said he was concerned by the development, but hoped the new system would be enforced less strictly than set down in the written law.

According to the Brunei Times, Brunei Attorney General Datin Hjh Hayati doesn't want to focus on punishments. Instead, she cited three clear distinctions of the Syariah Penal Code that impressed her that are absent in civil courts:

-- Witnesses’ testimonies in hudud (fixed penalty) cases and qisas (retaliation) must be fair and cannot contradict one another.

-- Before the punishment is carried out, the victim’s inheritor can forgive qisas or retaliation either with compensation (diyat) – the court or government cannot intervene in this affair.

-- If caning is prescribed, it suffices that the hand is raised slowly and caning strike on the back is done evenly, not just on one area.

LDS Church Presence in Brunei: At this time, there is no official LDS presence in the country. Informally, Brunei is assigned to the Miri East Malaysia District, and there are two small groups of Mormons, mostly expatriate workers, who meet in private homes in Bandar Seri Begawan and Kuala Belait. These tow groups are believed to total less than 100. Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve visited with members from Brunei during the Miri East Malaysia District conference in early 2010. While formal proselyting has been discouraged, members have not been discouraged from sharing their beliefs privately with friends and acquaintances so long as they're not Muslims.

Consequently, the upgrade to full Sharia does not, in my opinion, pose an immediate threat to the existing prerogatives of Mormons in Brunei, although no missionaries will be deployed there from outside the country. However, the sultan is an absolute ruler, and one must wonder what would happen if the sultan was overthrown. We've seen the barbarities committed by the so-called "Syrian rebels" in their territory. The sultan may be resolved to keep things within bounds, but he's not exactly immortal. Prayer for the safety of Mormons and other non-Muslims would be in order.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

TESTIMONY ON HOW I BECAME PREGNANT

My Name is Jessica Shannon Shirley i live in California,i have a big testimony to say to the people who have Womb problem, I have been married for five years without any child, nor pregnancy and so i became very sad and lost hope in life because my doctor told me there is no way for me to get pregnant and this really make life so hard for me and this made my husband to turn away from me. My sister in-law told me about Dr Odenore from the Internet,how he has helped people with this similar problem that i am going through so i contacted him and explained to him. He told me not to worry and that everything we soon be okay. He cast a spell and it was a miracle to my greatest surprise three days later my husband came back to apologize for all he has done and told me he is fully ready to support me in any thing i want,and Dr Odenore he gave me just soup from his temple and he also gave my husband some thing to rub before we made love.just few months later i got pregnant and gave birth to a (boy ) we are now a happy family. i will advice you to email him now: odenoretemple@gmail.com I am so happy!! if you also need help to get pregnant or need your ex back please contact him for help via email: odenoretemple@gmail.com if you are out there passing through any of this problems or predicaments in your life.

(1) Cancer spell
(2) Pregnancy spell
(3) Hiv/aids spell*
(4) Getting your scam money back*
(5) If you want a child.
(6) if you always have bad dream
(7) Spell to Get your love one out of jail .
(8) Get a huge loan without paying any fee spell*
(9) You want women/men to run after you.
(10) If you want your ex back.

Contact him today for your help and you will be happy for ever. REPLY email : odenoretemple@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

BROKEN HEART MADE WHOLE AGAIN.....!!!!!!!!
I never had a thing nor belief with spell casters until I saw a need for it when someone so dear to my heart left me for another man who doesn't even give a damn about her. Thanks to Dr. Odinani Owelle who used a spell to bring back my girlfriend to me in just two days when she came weeping and asking I forgive her for ever letting go and that she was gonna make up every bit of lost time and make me happier than ever for making me sob one bit
I came in contact with Dr. Odinani Owelle in a blog and thought of giving it a trial because I could not imagine that someone I love with all my heart was gonna leave me right under my close watch, the and then did I get to know that my close watch was not good enough. Like promised, Dr Odinani Owelle kept to his just words that brought back my love home to daddy and I am gonna love her more.
Wanna reach out to all the broken homes and relationships via this post of mine to believe that their problems can always be fixed, just get the right person to do it and I testify that there is no other right person as Dr. Odinani Owelle the real spell cast in the world Contact Him on hi's email adders odinanisolutioncentre@gmail.com.
1. Getting your lover or husband back
2. Spiritual bulletproof
3. Training
4. Money spell
5. Long life spell
6. Prosperity spell
7. Protection spell
8. Get a job spell
9. Becoming a manager spell
10. Get a huge loan without paying any fee spell
11. Getting your scam money back
12. Child spell
13. Pregnancy spell
14. Freedom spell
15. Love spell
16, vanishing spell
17. Invisible human spell
18. Success or pass spell
19. Marriage spell
20. Avenging spell
21. Popularity spell
22. Killing spell
23. Cancer spell...........

odinanisolutioncentre@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Are you hurt and heart broken by your husband did he just broke up with you here is your solution, Dr Odinani Owell is your solution I want to quickly tell the world that you need not to worry because i have good news for those out there that are facing similar situation because there is always hope and a solution to all problem. There is a great spell caster called Baba Odinani Owell or email him on odinanisolutioncentre@gmail.com or chats with him on whatsapp. on +15732069284 ,He can really solve your problem. Getting my lover back is what i can’t imagine but when I started losing my mind, I needed help and somewhere to turn to badly until an old friend of mine told me about this spell caster who also helped him on the internet. I thought it won’t work but i just tried to give this man a chance and i ordered a love spell. Two days later, my phone rang.David O’Brien was his old self again and wanted to come back to me! Not only come back, the spell caster opened his eyes to know how much I loved and needed him. This Spell Casting isn’t brainwashing, but he opened up his eyes to know how much we have to share together. I recommend anyone who is in my old situation to try him because he will help you and make things be the way it ought to be. If you have such problem or similar to this, please contact him on his email {odinanisolutioncentre@gmail.com} and just visit Baba Odinani Owell and see so many people testifying about his perfect work. thank you Baba Odinani Owell, i will always be testifying about your good work…dr Odinani you are the best i will continue to been say tanks to you and your good work.....odinanisolutioncentre@gmail.com.... or you can go to hes https://drodinanisolutioncentre.blogspot.com. WhatsApp number+15732069284

Andrea Lumia said...

This is amazing i am Andrea Lumia from UK,i am so happy today because of the great work dr Odinani Owelle has done in my life for saving my family. I got married to my loving husband 3 years ago and we were living a happy life together and everything was moving on smoothly without any problem, 4 months later I went to the hospital for checkup and the doctor confirmed that I am three weeks pregnant with my heart filled with joy and my face full of smile and laughter I went home excitedly to tell my husband the good news and he was very excited about the news and that day is a day I will always live to remember, to cut the story short after I have put to birth a bouncing baby girl he was very happy, but along the line and all of a sudden he started keeping late night and doing things he don't use to do before, and one mourning I confronted him about his new attitude but he did not listen to my advice, but to my greatest surprise I discover my husband have a mistress in his office place and they were seeing each other after work hour. on one faithful night my husband came back home and started packing all his belongings and told me that he is tired of me that he is filing for a annulment not knowing that his mistress has cast love spell on him that was why he was acting strange so I told my friend about what am experiencing at home she told me not to worry about that and she gave me this contact odinanisolutioncentre@gmail.com and ask me to contact him that he will help me to bring back my husband in noon less than one week but at first i doubted she told me that this doctor is extremely powerful that the doctor has work for her and she confirm him real so when I got home I contacted him and he told me that my husband is under a great love spell but he promise to help bring back my husband which he actually did within the period of one week. I was surprise to see my husband in the nest mourning bring back all the things he took out of our house and kneel in front of me and my kids crying asking for my forgiveness saying it is the work of the devil that he did not know what he was doing and I forgive him and today we are living happily together. i thank you sir for the great work you did for me for saving my family, in-case you have similar case or even worst than my own you can contact him with his EMAIL ADDRESS. odinanisolutioncentre@gmail.com.Or you can go to he's blog, drodinanisolutioncentre.blogspot.com Or you can whatsapp him on he's +15732069284

Anonymous said...

I'm Tony Canbrell from Bergen, Norway, is really amazing having all my dreams come to reality with the aid of DR ODINANI OWELLE. I never believed it until i became a living testimony to it. I have been working for a steel company here in Norway for 8 years and my director always yell at me not doing the right things and whenever i try to confront him, he always give me deaf ears. I got home and i always talk to my wife about it and she became more curious to know where all these errors are coming from because she knows i'm a God fearing man and i don't compromize. She told her friends about my challenges in the office and to my greatest suprise, her friend was able to give me a helping hand with the aid of DR ODINANI OWELLE who i was able to contact through his email: odinanisolutioncentre1@gmail.com telling me that my director is under a spell been done by my colleauge who have hatred for me and guess what happened after DR ODINANI OWELLE helped me out. I went to work as usual and to my greatest suprise, my dirctor walked into my office and told me that he was really sorry for what he has been doing to me for he don't know what always comes to his mind whenever he sees me. Today, myself and my director are in good terms and we both work hard to hard like never before. I thank you DR ODINANI OWELLE for your help and if any of you have similar case or even more than this, you can contact DR ODINANI OWELLE via email: odinanisolutioncentre1@gmail.com for his help and victory is yours you can contact him with his EMAIL ADDRESS odinanisolutioncentre1@gmail.com.Or drodinanisolutioncentre.blogspot.com